What is Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome?
The Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) is the joint that connects the jaw to the skull. When we talk about Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, we are referring to the pain and dysfunction of the muscles used in the mastication process and the temporomandibular joints which, causes dizziness and headaches.
Fortunately, TMJ is now treatable with a range of non-surgical procedures that inject a solution into certain muscles of the head and neck areas to leave them relaxed and pain-free.
The injectable treatment for TMJ therapy does not affect any other parts of the patient’s body other than those injected. However, depending on the severity of the headaches, additional injections may be applied to other parts of the head and neck area. Dr Yassmin will advise patients accordingly before proceeding with TMJ treatment.
TMJ treatments are just one of the many Injectable treatments available at DFY Dental Sydney to help you restore your natural beauty without barely noticing it.
Injectable treatments can also be used in the following cases:
- To complement aesthetic dentistry procedures,
- As a minimally invasive alternative to surgically treating high lip line cases (gummy smiles),
- To correct downturn smile,
- For Lip augmentation procedures, and
- In some orthodontic cases where facial muscles need to be retrained.