As of the close of business 25th March, we will only be providing emergency treatment and all patients will be screened prior to coming in. We will only have skeleton staff during this time and we appreciate your understanding if we are postponing any non-essential treatment.
At dFY Dental / Bupa Dental Broadway we have always followed the Guidelines for Infection Control issued by the ADA to help protect every one of our patients and team members from the many infectious diseases that we are potentially exposed to on a daily basis. The practice has always been accredited for its systems and processes in accordance with rigorous guidelines.
In addition to the above standard measures, we have also implemented the following as extra precautions at this time to allow us to treat emergency patients
- Doubled our regular infection control setup for each patient (meaning that we now ensure all rooms are actually disinfected twice)
- Removed all magazines form the waiting area
- Wiping of all door handles, reception benchtops, telephones, EFTPOS machines regularly
- All pens are disinfected after use (including pens that patients have used
- We are using the hospital-grade disinfection system in all areas daily not just in treatment rooms (this includes restroom, offices, kitchens)
- All courier deliveries are being placed in a separate area and also disinfected prior to opening
- We are only seeing emergency patients
- We have extended appointment times to allow for extra pre-cautions
- We have rescheduled appointments that are non-essential for at-risk patients
- You will be asked a series of questions over the phone
- You will have to fill out a health declaration form
- We are spacing out our waiting room chairs
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before your appointment no earlier
- We request that if you have just arrived back in Australia that you reschedule your appointment as per isolation requests from the Australian government.
- And while we love and value each of our patients, handshakes and hugs may be replaced with an “elbow bump or foot bump” for the time being.
While we are doing everything in our power to protect you, we also ask for your co-operation in making our office environment a safe one. If you have a cough, fever, or chills, please call our office prior to attending your emergency appointment
We are providing any patients who are medically compromised, in self-isolation and have a dental emergency the option of having a virtual consultation. We request that you contact the clinic so they can ensure that they receive your request. The system allows you to upload photos prior to your video consultation so that the dentists are able to have some idea of what is going on in your mouth prior, of course, the system is not full proof and we can not have X-rays taken but it will hopefully enable triage of emergencies in a time of uncertainty for those who are not able to attend the practice at this time.
Instituting these higher standards will help keep you and our entire team safe until this health risk subsides. We care about each of you and look forward to seeing you again for your next appointment. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call as we would be more than happy to answer any questions on 02 9281 0100
Please stay safe and remember we are all in this together.