DFY Dental’s Response to COVID-19 and Our Commitment to Patients
DFY Dental shares your concern for the safety of patients in these testing times and reassures you that we are committed to the health and well-being of patients and staff members.
Rest assured we are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure patients can be treated in a safe environment. Our clinic will continue to operate and we will continue to serve patients.
COVID-19 Response Guidelines
In an effort to protect the health of our dentists, staff, patients and to reduce the potential spread of the Coronavirus, we have already implemented the following guidelines.
- Prior to the appointment, patients will be screened over the phone to find about recent travel, symptoms of an infection and any close contact they may have had with anyone infected with COVID-19.
- On arrival, all patients will be required to fill out a form asking about travel, symptoms and any close contact they may have had with COVID-19
- Patients who have an appointment booked and have symptoms of a COVID-19 infection will need to call and reschedule their appointments
- All rooms including communal spaces are disinfected with a nocos disinfection system daily
- Hand sanitiser will be made available for all patients upon entry and exit
- Separate pens will be used by dentists for each patient and the pens will be disinfected after use
- All surfaces will be regularly disinfected (including all communal areas)
- Magazines in the reception area have been removed
- Telephone devices will be cleaned with Opti Wipes 3 times a day
- Shoe covers will be provided for all patients entering the consultation room
- Chairs in the waiting room and toilet seats will be disinfected with Glen 20 thrice a day.
To maintain the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness, the following guidelines have come into effect immediately. As a result, it will take 2 to 3 times longer for a changeover between patients.
- All surfaces will be wiped twice in succession
- All door handles and front of cupboards will be wiped regularly
- Glen 20 will be used to clean the walls in hallways and rooms
- Peroxide will be used as a mouth wash for patients
- Appointments for patients in higher-risk categories are being rescheduled
- Emergency patients are being given priority appointments
- Courier and other delivery service personnel are required to drop items in the surgery area
- Parcels and boxes delivered are to be sprayed by staff and opened only after the room has been disinfected with Nocos.
VIRTUAL DENTAL CONSULTATION
For patients who are at high risk of a Coronavirus infection or may not be in a position to visit our clinic for any reason, we now offer the option of a free virtual dental consultation from the comfort of your home.
All it requires is for you to send us some photos of your teeth for our examination. A detailed report on the condition of your teeth and the recommended treatment will be provided. There is no cost for this service. For more details please click here.
As we navigate this time of uncertainty together, we want to reaffirm our commitment to our patients, staff and providers. As you are aware, this is an evolving situation, and we will share more information with you as it becomes available.
We hope that you and your loved ones are well, and we are here if you need us.
We wish you and your loved ones good health.